We at BIR have been working extremely hard to get our Bracket Drag Racers back on the track and be able to do it safely. The Governor’s Executive Order that was released Tuesday, May 28 states that racetracks in Minnesota can open starting June 1. The hard part for us at BIR is that the order restricts us to only 250 people – including staff – for a race. We are being forced to make some really difficult decisions. We also need to make this as fair as possible for the racers and the track. PLEASE READ ENTIRELY TO SHORTEN THE CALLS FOR MONDAY.
- We will have a Test & Tune on Friday, June 5 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. with a Jackpot race in the afternoon, weather permitting.
- Entrants who want to attend all 3 days will be given priority and the remainder of the spots will be given to people in the order in which we received them online.
- Anyone who is not racing Saturday and Sunday will need to vacate BIR property by 7 p.m. Friday.
- We will race on Saturday and Sunday but we will only be running 3 classes: Pro, Super Pro and Sportsman.
- In order to attend, you will be required to double enter both Saturday and Sunday. Each racer will only be allowed 1 crew member.
- A link on how to sign up will be provided on our website and Facebook page at 9 a.m. Monday.
- All attendees will need to fill out an online survey that will be limited to accommodate the 250-person rule.
- Racers who were in the points program in 2019 will be given priority.
- This will be done on a first-come first-served basis.
- The remainder will be filled by order in which we received them.
Admission Thur – Fri $40
Fri Only $30
Thur – Sun $60
Fri – Sun $55
Sat – Sun $45
Test & Tune – $55 basic test and tune. (Make as many runs as time allows)
Racer Entry – $300 to double enter 2 days.
Credits will be issued on a case-by-case basis.
Payout will remain the same as a normal Bracket race. Please go to www.brainerdraceway.com for details.
We are aware that by putting these rules in place we are eliminating a number of racers from being able to attend. We feel this is the best option given the limitations put in place. We are asking you for your understanding at this time and apologize to anyone we have upset with the decisions we have made for the upcoming weekend. We simply are trying to open our gate for the first time this season and follow all guidelines put in place by authorities and keep people safe.
Thank you for your patience and support and we hope to see all of you in the near future.
Important information for the weekend.
- When you arrive, you will enter through Gate B.
- You will be given a packet with everything you will need. Your tech cards will be filled out and waiting for you in Tech.
- Please consider doing your ETI this weekend while the car counts are low.
- Camping will be allowed but you must have a minimum of 50 feet between campers. We will have spaces marked in advance.
- The Wheelie Bar & Grille will NOT be open.
- Please plan your food and beverages before you arrive for the weekend to minimize the traffic at Gate B and trips to town or gas stations.
- VIP camp sites will NOT be available.
- We will be practicing all MDH and CDC along with other agency guidelines.
- Bring as many of your own essentials as possible, such as hand sanitizer, masks, pens and gloves, and be prepared to use your own facilities as often as possible.